As if that’s out of place here…
So, I am happy to have a job. Really I am glad to be able to be making money this summer before I go back to school. However…
1) I have been training for 2 weeks now, and although the training sessions are important and helpful, they are NOT efficient and there is so much time wasted just sitting and talking not really learning much. Also, almost every single day my boss has shown up late. Sometimes almost 20-30 mins late…kind of frustrating.
2) these training sessions take place 30-40 minutes away from my house, which is annoying bc I was supposed to be working in the center closest to me house (and will be soon thank god). Today it took me an hour to get home bc of traffic. Awesome.
3) they JUST gave me my schedule for the week, today. I jumped from having nothing this weekend, to being entirely booked last minute all at once. Not bad bc I’ll be making money, just kind of sucks bc of course, it’s the weekend my boyfriend is visiting from college. One of our only weekends together for the entire summer. Now I don’t know when I’ll be able to see him really.
4) they apparently want me to work at all of these events, which is fine. It is NOT fine when they want me to commute literally an hour or more to said event both ways, and get home at midnight/1am that night. I signed up to work at the center… I said I didn’t have much interest in events. I want to work where I signed up for bc it’s close. I’m not interested in spending all my money on gas.
5) IM ONLY HERE FOR A MONTH. I appreciate the job, but I’m still confused bc like, it takes 2 weeks to train, I will only be working for 2 weeks before I have to give my 2 weeks notice of leave, then I LEAVE. It feels so temporary to me because of that and so it’s hard when all of the disorganization, and the expectation that I should drive an hour for a job that pays hourly and not on salary, and the fact that I’ve already done that for 2 weeks, and how I’m not even really staying that long… It just feels to impermanent to mean much to me in the long run.
I will still put in 100% while I’m here, but what does it say about it all when I haven’t technically even started in the store yet and I’m already looking forward to being done with it? Great company, great goal and program, not super into all that’s going on for me as an employee rn.
SOOOO THERE. Ugh.
“You fight like a girl.”
Reblogging because I’m sure the comic readers out there could add some more.
i can’t hear you
over the sound
of me crushing my enemies
so here you go
this is the best post on tumblr, hands down
I love when you become so close with someone that you can see parts of each other in one another and you begin to say the same things and steal lines from one another and have a similar sense of humor and can exchange an inside joke with just a glance you don’t even have to talk because you have such a strong connection with them and you can sit in comfortable silence but also talk for hours it’s really hard to find that kind of compatibility
Woke up to rain sweetly dripping outside my open window. I’m all cozy under my soft, fluffy covers, and it just feels nice and peaceful